Thursday, March 9, 2017

Welcome, Baby Adley!

In the wee morning hours of March 2, Jason and I awoke and readied ourselves for the hospital. This was the day, on Week 39 of my pregnancy, that our little daughter was scheduled to be born. Because the boys arrived unscheduled a full month ahead of their due date, it felt very strange this time to have everything so planned. I was thankful that my doctor allowed the C-section to occur a week before our daughter's due date. We knew that she was a big baby, and I was feeling very ready to have her weight taken from my large belly! Here is the final pregnancy shot we took before leaving for the hospital.


After arriving at the hospital, all the preparations went smoothly and fairly quickly. Before I headed back for surgery, Jason prayed with me-- for wisdom for the doctors, calmness for me, and for the health of our baby girl. God abundantly answered all of these prayers. Our sweet little girl, Adley Grace Schleicher, was born at 8:11 am.


My obgyn, Dr. Jose San Martin, brought little Adley around the curtain for me to see and commented right away, "She is one big baby!" Adley's first cries were such a joyous sound, bringing tears to both Mommy and Daddy's eyes.



Adley's official weight was 10.03 lbs. Dr. San Martin told us later that Adley was the 2nd largest baby he'd ever delivered. We, too, were impressed with Adley's full cheeks and chubby belly! Most of all, we were so grateful that our little girl was a healthy, thriving baby.


After Adley was all cleaned off, Daddy got to snuggle with her while Mommy was stitched back up.



Back in the hospital room, I had my first chance to cuddle with our precious little girl. Right from the start, even while Daddy was holding her, Adley was rooting around, seemingly quite hungry. Her first nursing session was fairly successful. Adley seemed to know just what to do!


The birth of a child truly is a miracle! We praise our wonderful Creator for the gift of life He has given us in little Adley Grace.





"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful. I know that full well." Pslam 139:13-14

2 comments:

  1. Amen! What a perfect little blessing! Our God is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! What a perfect little blessing! Our God is amazing!

    ReplyDelete