Our 7 month old girl is a girl on the move! All month long, this sweetie has been showing readiness for crawling, and then just four days shy of turning 7 months, little Adley decided to move. What a new world has opened up for her now that she can explore on her own! Our sweet Adley Grace is a curious, content, and now mobile little girl.
Here are a few other facts about Adley at 7 months:
- No longer content just sitting-- constantly propels herself forward to crawl
- Tries VERY hard to stand-- pulls up on chairs, musical table, piano bench, etc and gets to her knees
- Loves to practice-walk with Mommy or Daddy by taking steps when we hold on to her hands
- After constantly chewing on everything this month, got bottom two teeth on 9/19 and 9/28
|"Can you see my little pearly whites?"|
- Fell back into bad sleeping habits (waking up often) after teething and getting a runny nose
- Likes sleeping on her side
- Falls asleep easily and often in the car
- Usually wakes up to stay between 6:30 and 7:00am
- Bedtime is between 7:30 and 8:00; typically falls fast asleep while Mommy is nursing her
- Sometimes Jaden and Cody will sing her sweet made-up lullabies before bedtime (Mommy is still trying to get a video of this!)
- Tried rice cereal, butternut and acorn squash, sweet potato, banana, apple, avocado, oatmeal, peas, pumpkin, carrot, and mum-mums. Loves it all, except for avocado.
- Usually eats solids twice a day-- something new at lunch and an old favorite at dinner
- Still nurses with Mommy about 5 times a day and sometimes once or twice at night
- Screeches loudly with a high pitch
- Loves standing by the activity table and can do so much more steadily this month
- Doesn't cry in the car very often anymore (yay!)
- Flaps her arms happily when she sees her brothers after their school day
- Hates having her nose wiped!
- Started to bite Mommy's shoulder (ouch!)
- Much prefers chewing on books rather than listening to them
|Adley endured (but didn't really enjoy) this stroller ride.|
She loves her cousin Nathan, though!
Adley on the move:
Adley loves to sit on her playmat and watch her brothers ride their bikes down the street in the evenings.
People frequently tell us that Adley is looking more like her brothers these days, especially Jaden. What do you think??
Jaden and Cody continue to dote on their little sister. They call her their little "sweetie pot pie" and regularly give her kisses. Adley certainly has two brothers who look out for her and love her dearly!
Happy 7 months, sweet girl!
We are so thankful for the sunshine you bring into our lives!