Every time our friends see Adley, we hear a similar remark-- "Look how big she's getting!" Perhaps that's just what everyone says when they see a baby, but we think it's true as well. Our little six-month old is growing up so much! We love how she interacts with others, smiles easily, and seems very interested in the world around her. We thank God for our happy, pleasant baby!
Here are some current stats about Adley Grace:
- 19 lbs, 15 oz
- Very confident sitter; rarely tumbles over
- Likes to practice standing (with help)
- Enjoys trying to drink water from Mommy or Daddy's cup but spills quite a bit
- Often grabs onto her foot while nursing
- Enjoys bouncing in her jumper
- So close to crawling!
- Leans far forward to reach for toys until she's in the crawling position
- Can scoot herself backwards or sideways to different places around the room
- Rough naptimes at the start of this month (took a LONG time to rock/bounce to sleep and then would only catnap for 25-30 minutes)
- Still had 3-4 awakenings at nighttime
- Finally did some sleep training and made a LOT of progress! (Naps more regularly generally twice a day and knows how to self-soothe before bedtime and naptime)
- We transitioned Adley to her own bedroom crib rather than the pack n play in Mommy and Daddy's bedroom. (This meant that Mommy and Daddy finally had to finish putting up the decor in Adley's bedroom too!)
- Loves playing peek-a-boo, especially with her brothers
- Enjoys standing by the activity table (with help)
- Loves any musical toy and chewing on her indestructible baby books
- Takes baths in the big tub
- People often comment on her "pretty blue eyes" and her alertness
- Spitting up much less-- hooray!
- Likes riding in the front of shopping carts at stores
Next month, we predict that we'll have a baby on the move! It's a joy watching this little girl grow. We love you, dear Adley Grace!